Monday 3 September 2012

Christmas is Coming!!

Last week I went to Yorkshire with my family, and although we had to put up with the British weather, we did have a lovely week. We stayed in a cottage that had been converted from farm buildings, in the village of Gristhorpe.

As always I took the opportunity to seek out craft shops in the area. Scarborough has two good craft shops - Craft Inspiration, which is mainly for card makers and The Craft Store, (Victoria Road) which  has a treasure trove of craft goodies. This shop has everything  for scrapbooking and card making, but also has wool, some beautiful fabrics and lots of ribbon. Another good shop for button lovers in York, is Duttons for Buttons, they have every colour and style of button you could possibly think of.

I came back from my holiday feeling very inspired and ready to get back to some card making. So, over the weekend I decided to get started on Christmas cards - I know! you're probably thinking it's a bit early, but as I'm doing the Nov Craftfest, I thought I'd get ahead while I have some spare time. Anyone else started yet?

This year I want to make some traditional cards and also try some modern themed cards. But I'm still looking for suitable scrapbook papers for modern cards.



That's all for this week, I'm now popping over to Handmade Monday to see what everyone else has been doing this week.

Have a great week,

Melanie :0)

6 comments:

  1. Your cards look fab - good luck with CraftFest, it seems to be growing as en event and it always sounds like a lot of fun. Welcome to Handmade Monday - enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting craft shops when we go away, funny they just draw me in. Love the Christmas cards my favourite the traditional Santa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie, I love your Christmas cards - particularly the snow flakes. Good luck with the esty shop. Joanna (http://myturquoisequeen.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very wise starting your Christmas Makes now, it will save you rushing nearer the time. Having said that, I can't get my head around Christmas just yet! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have reluctantly been drawn into the christmas fever which is building on crafty sites. Love your snowflake design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the snow card! If only it was Christmas already. Or maybe mid November so I can excited by the shops playing Christmas music :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)