Monday 10 September 2012

Pink Cupcake Card

Hi! Hope you've had a good week.

This week has been a bit slow on the crafting front, even though my children went back to school, I just didn't get much done! But I have been thinking about new ideas for card making. One of the ideas I've been looking at on the internet is using fabric on my cards. The only problem is that fabric is expensive to buy! I only want to buy mixed packs of fabric, as I'll only need small pieces - so I wondered if anyone could recommend a good website for fabric :0)

Cupcakes are Everywhere!!

Cupcakes seem to have taken over the world! They are on everything from cards and notebooks to lining the shelves of cake shops. So, this week I made a template for a cupcake, and added it to a Birthday card.







I decorated the edge of the cupcake with glitter glue and hand stitched the cake case.

The other card I made was another Christmas card, using some papers called Christmas Tidings from Papermania.



That's all for this week, I'm off to checkout Handmade Monday to see all the lovely crafty things, everyone else has been making.

Melanie x.






7 comments:

  1. Love the cupcake card. What is it about cupcakes that makes us girls go mad for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcake card is really pretty and you're right, they're very popular. If you only want fabric in small amounts, have you considered cutting up old clothes? People are often willing to give them to you, or search charity shops, boot sales, and look on your local Freegle/Freecycle. Or make friends with a dressmaker - it's so wasteful throwing out scraps from sewing, but you can only keep so many! I love fabric on cards so look forward to seeing what you make! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy for the help with fabrics, and your lovely comment. I hadn't thought of charity shops & boot sales etc. x

      Delete
  3. Mmmm cupcakes. Either real or printed love them! I often pick up clothes from jumble sales/charity shops etc and then unpick. Ebay has sellers that have patchwork pieces in various sizes with mixed patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am loving the cupcake card....no calorie goodies :D
    Your Christmas card is beautiful too!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried your local markets for off cuts.

    I'm a real fan of the papermania stuff even though I do very little paper crafting. Their backings and add ons are great to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments, and lots of places to checkout for fabric, I'd only thought of the Internet, but recycling fabric sounds like a great idea, I'll let you know how I get on x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)