Sunday 23 September 2012

Promoting My Blog & Mini Makes!

Promoting My Blog

This week I've spent some time looking at different ways to promote my blog. I submitted my blog to blognation a while ago, and then forgot about visiting their website - but recently I've noticed that I'm getting quite a lot of views from them. They also have a blog called craftblogs.org where you can find loads of interesting blogs and vote for them.

Another good site is ukcraftblog which has lots of articles about what to write on your blog, and how to get more traffic on to your blog, plus lots more helpful tips about blogging.

Mini Makes

On to what I've made this week.

Mini post-it Note Holder
I thought this mini post-it note holder would make great stocking fillers for my Mum & Sister.
Small Decorated Notebook











I had some stickers and new washi tape that I wanted to use on this notebook. This was a cheap notebook I bought and covered with scrapbook papers. I was very pleased with how it turned out.








Mini Christmas Gift Bag

I wanted to try some gift bags in my Etsy shop, so I bought some plain brown bags with handles to decorate, but I just couldn't come up with any ideas to decorate them. So, I decided that maybe something small would be easier to start with. These little bags are tiny & would only hold chocolates or jewellery. I'm now going to make the bags bigger, possibly so they would hold a cd.






Hope you all have a good week.

I'm going to settle down with a cup of tea, and see what everyone else has been making this week over at Handmade Monday. Why not check it out too!

Melanie x.

9 comments:

  1. I love the post it note boards and book cover.They're great ideas for Christmas.Love the gift bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie
    I'm just off to check out the blog promotion
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your makes this week but especially the mini post it holder, which I use all the time stuck on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think people sometimes forget that it's helpful to promote your blog, so your tips are a nice reminder. Getting together with other bloggers helps too - interviews, features and links on other blogs can help both parties. Blogging is, I think, a bit like a snowball, gathering readers like a snowball gathers snow! Lovely makes - I love the post-it holder in particular x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your makes. I especially like the notebooks. I have bought some cheap diaries to cover with fabric and some needle-felted bits but just haven't got round to making them yet. Better get a move on before it's too late! Will go and check out the blog links too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the notebook, I believe people can never have too many notebooks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the notebooks - so stylish !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely gift bag. Thanks for the tip about blognation

    ReplyDelete
  9. The post holder is lovely and the Christmas bag is very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)