Monday 13 August 2012

Summertime Strawberry Card

I'd like to begin by saying thank you for the warm welcome from Handmade Monday and all the lovely comments I received.

This week I managed to make three cards, which is good for me!

I bought Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine this week, as they are giving away some lovely summertime luxury papers, they are nice quality & have lots of designs, so well worth buying the magazine. I made the card below with some of the papers & added a Kitschy Kitchen cardstock sticker from Melissa Frances.


I couldn't resist hand stitching this card!


The magazine has a section called 'First Past The Post' where they ask for readers to send cards they've made with the free papers, so I've emailed the card to them.

I used another Kitschy Kitchen sticker on the second card.


I've also been busy this week on Creative Connections, as I've signed up for the November Craftfest. There is quite a lot to do with getting my stall ready, but I've really enjoyed making some new friends, and promoting other members Craftfest stalls. Is anyone else signed up for Craftfest?



That's it for this week, I'm off to Handmade Monday to see what everyone else has been doing.

Have a great week x.

9 comments:

  1. Love your cards and great stitching on the strawberry one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards - the stitching makes a big difference, I love it.

    Good luck with CraftFest x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at craft fest - hope you sell lots

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be signing up to CraftFest in the next week or so.

    I love the second card. Something different! I like the idea of a tea party card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are very pretty. I especially like the jam pot paper on the bottom of the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet (as I sit here drinking a new coffee called Strawberry Shortcake! haha) I really am thinking about trying to do some sewing on my Christmas cards this year. But I think I had better get started now if I'm going to make them again.
    Thank you for sharing what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards - great use of a freebie! Good luck with your card in the magazine. Have a good week, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely strawberry cards and welcome to Creative Connections!!
    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)