Tuesday 21 May 2013

Shabby Chic Altered Clock - Photo Tutorial

I altered this clock for a DT call for Lavish Laces on You Tube.

This is how the clock looked to begin with.

I took the clock apart, and sanded it, then painted it with white acrylic paint & Linen paint.

I tore strips of the Prima Fairy Rhymes paper and adhered them with Mod Podge, to give a textured effect.

I used a sponge brush to add white acrylic to the clock face, to give a shabby look.

I sprayed the entire clock with my homemade spray paint in red & pearl to give a pink effect.


I embellished the clock with WOC flowers & lace, & other embellishments from my stash.




I had a lot of fun altering this clock, and hope to do another one soon, but maybe more grungy!

Have a lovely day, & please let me know what you think!

Melanie x.

3 comments:

  1. Melanie, you did an amazing job on these clocks. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait, I thought one was blue....and as strange as it may sound, I like it. But now I see better, and you actually transformed it from the blue one to the pink one....beautiful. Sorry for the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for comments Yiyi :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)