Wednesday 6 February 2013

Olde Curiosity Shoppe Altered Box

I'm really getting into altered art at the moment, I think it's probably a natural progression for most scrapbookers to move onto. When I heard about altered art, I thought I'd have to be an artist to try it, but in fact it's very accessible to any crafter. You can easily learn new techniques by watching You Tube videos.

I also love steampunk and vintage at the moment, so my next project has that kind of theme. I couldn't get the Graphic 45 Debutante papers, which have the steampunk theme, so I used The Olde Curiosity Shoppe 8x8 pad by Graphic 45. These papers are like nothing else I've worked with, they are so easy to use and distress...and are very detailed with vintage colours.







List of Materials.

Cardboard Gift Box
White acrylic paint
docrafts acrylic paint in Pearl
Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe 8x8 pad
Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad Walnut & black ink pad
Prima flower
Square lacy die cut from my stash
Black braid trim from haberdashery shop
Lace from my stash and old belt buckle

I used a cardboard gift box, that was given to me at Christmas...the type you can buy in a card shop. I painted it with white acrylic paint and docrafts Artiste acrylic paint in Pearl.

I covered the box with the Olde Curiosity Shoppe papers, distressed the edges of the box and paper with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut. I fussy cut some pictures from the papers and inked the square lacy die cut on top with black ink.

I added a Prima flower, skeleton leaves and a little bit of lace from my stash. The sides of the box were covered with black braid trim, an old button and a belt buckle from the 1960's.

I'd love to hear your comments on this project.

Have a lovely day,

Melanie :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)