Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Altered Shabby Chic Frame with Wild Orchid Roses

Hi, blog readers, hope you're having a lovely day!

I haven't blogged for a while as I'm really busy getting ready for my first craft event in March. My son's school is having a Treat Yourself Day, which will include crafts, jewellery, nail art etc. The event is been held at Wisbech Grammar School, Wisbech, Cambridgshire on 16th March 11.00am - 3.00pm, so if you're in the area on that day, why not come along. I'll be adding full details of the event on my facebook page nearer the time.

Shabby Chic Altered Frame.

I decided to see if I'd have any luck in finding some things for crafting in my local charity shops...and I was very pleased to find some nice frames for altering, some pretty lace, jewellery and a book box Yay!! So, the altered frame in the photo was my first find.




I painted the frame with white acrylic paint, then I used Tim Holtz Crackle Paint in Scattered Straw to cover the front of the frame, you can see a little of the crackle paint in the last photo, but I did end up covering most of it. The papers are Romance Novel from Prima, which are absolutely gorgeous!

I hot glued some beige lace around the edges of the frame, wrapping it around the back. I then used some flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts to embellish the frame. This was my first order from WOC and I was very impressed with the quality, and reasonable prices.

I tucked a tiny piece of crochet lace behind the flowers, which was from a larger vintage cloth. I sprayed the whole project with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl to add a light shimmer to the frame, then sealed it with Mod Podge in matte.

If you have any questions or comments please leave me a message. I look forward to hearing from you :0)