Sunday 3 June 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog and my first post. As it's the Diamond Jubilee weekend, I thought I'd add a photo of a card I made using some of the papers and embellishments from Papermania, Portobello Road and The London Line.
I love to try new techniques, and on this card I used Tim Holtz Perfect Pearls embossing powder, to make the stamped sentiment which says 'For You'. I've never used any embossing powders before, so I thought I'd add a few tips below. 1. Ink up your stamp really well, using a clear embossing stamp pad - I used Ink It Up!, but Versamark is also a popular choice. 2. Stamp your sentiment/image onto the card stock. 3. Place the stamped card onto a piece of scrap paper, then using a spoon, sprinkle plenty of the Perfect Pearls powder onto the card. When the area is fully covered, shake the excess powder from the card, and you'll see the stamped sentiment magically appear. Take a soft brush, and brush away the rest of the excess powder. Leave to dry completely. 4. Tip left over powder back into the container, to use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for all your comments, I really do appreciate them.

Melanie 0:)